HELPFUL PACKING INSTRUCTIONS:
Materials needed for your International Move: these items can be purchased at a hardware or moving supply store such, Strapping Tape 1.5" - 2" wide Boxes of different sizes, Waterproof markers, Bubble wrap, Corrugated cardboard for wrapping furniture and protecting furniture, Wrapping paper [ Helpful tip: newspaper can transfer ink to your contents. Clean wrapping paper can be purchased at an office supply or moving supply company. 1-2 large rolls should be enough for your packing needs
Old sheets, towels and blankets for wrapping furniture. Helpful tip: if you do not have a supply yourself, these can be purchased inexpensively at thrift stores ]
An inventory form which your sales consultant can provide you by e-mail or fax
PACKING GUIDELINES :
Helpful Tips for your Inventory:
1. A complete inventory will be required for your shipment
2. Each box and piece of furniture must be marked with a number (removable stickers are the best) and listed on an inventory
3. The contents of boxes should read "kitchen supplies", "books", "clothes" etc. on the inventory.
4. Boxes packed by our customers should also be labeled "PBO" (packed by owner).
HELPFUL TIPS FOR PACKING BOXES:
· Make sure the contents of all boxes are carefully wrapped
· Seal the seams of all boxes with strapping tape top and bottom
· Pack room-by-room, keeping similar items together
· Try to distribute weight evenly amongst boxes Place heavier items in the bottom of the box and lighter items on top
· Pack heavy items in small boxes. Tape the bottoms well
· Make sure your boxes are strong enough to support the weight of other boxes being stacked on top of them
· Label your boxes as you pack them with where they belong in your new home
· Mark the boxes on the sides, not on the top
· Any item that can be put in a box should be placed in a box
· Pack boxes firmly to prevent the contents from shifting during your move
· Bubble wraps all fragile items
· Never pack matches, flammables (such as propane tanks), dangerous articles or hazardous materials. Empty, defrost and dry refrigerators and freezers.
· All stereos, computers, printers, fax machines, televisions, speakers, etc. should be disconnected.
· All cords should be removed and packed or taped to the item.
· All packing should be completed before the movers arrive.
· Any items not being moved should be clearly marked.
HELPFUL TIPS FOR FURNITURE:
· Pay particular attention to delicate areas such as the tops of furniture and legs.
· Bookshelves should be removed and wrapped separately.
· Dresser, desk, cabinet drawers should be emptied and the contents should be boxed separately. This makes moving the piece easier, and is required for custom clearance at port of destination.
· Glass shelves and tops should be wrapped with plastic bubble wrap.
Our company warehouse is able to accommodate duly packed household goods for any period of time, on both a short or long-term basis. Your stored items are kept safe and secure in our facility. Our warehouse is served by employees trained to keep your belongings safe, dry and clean.