- Detailed valued, dated and signed inventory in French
- Passport (including page showing entry permit)
- Letter of transfer from the shipper’s employer
- Copy of the plane ticket
- Certificate of change of residence
- Certificate for definitive settlement (for Zairians returning to their country only/customer can get this document at the Zairian Embassy)
- Air way bill or original ocean bill of lading (no express release accepted)
- Original auto registration and purchase invoice, if a vehicle is shipped
For diplomatic air/sea shipments, it takes 15 days to obtain the document for free entry (franchise) from the Foreign Ministry and Customs Head Office.
The invoice for all electrical and furniture is required and must prove the items are more than 6 months old. New electrical items are subject to payment of customs duties and taxes.
Home computers are not accepted as personal effects and will be subject to payment of customs duties and import taxes.
Alcohol and other spirits are prohibited and should be sent separately. Only the mention "fond de cave" (less than 30 bottles) is acceptable.
- Tax on household goods is approximately 56 percent of CIF value.
- For a vehicle heavier than 3.5 tons, the tax is 8 percent of the CIF value.
- For a vehicle not heavier than 3.5 tons, the tax is 46 percent of the CIF value.