- Original Passport with proper Visa
- Immigrant Visa
- Migration Certificate, issued at destination by Migration Police
- Work contract valid for more than one year (foreigners with non-immigrant working visa)
- Inventory (in Spanish) must be legalized at origin by Consulate of Ecuador
- Ecuadorian citizens returning after a minimum of one (1) year of legal residence abroad require a resident visa from the country they are moving from
- ALL HOUSEHOLD GOODS AND PERSONAL EFFECT SHIPMENTS MUST BE INSPECTED AT ORIGIN BEFORE EMBARKATION. LACK OF PRE-INSPECTION WILL RESULT IN RETURN OF HOUSEHOLD GOODS AND PERSONAL EFFECTS TO PORT OF ORIGIN AT SHIPPER'S EXPENSE. PLEASE CONSULT WITH THE ECUADORIAN DESTINATION AGENT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
- Diplomatic shipments are excluded from the above requirements.
- Customer must be in Ecuador at time of customs clearance.
- Any cost incurred for obtaining this certificate is not included in the door-to-door cost of the move, and is for the Customer’s account
- Shipments for foreigners, immigrants and returning nationals must arrive within 60 days of the Customer
- Foreigners and immigrants can import household goods duty free, contingent on the issue of a visa valid for over one year
- Used household goods and personal effects are duty-free for:
- Foreign diplomats
- Ecuadorian diplomats
- Ecuadorians retiring from official assignments in international organizations
- Ecuadorians with at least one (1) year abroad are allowed duty free entry of household goods.
- All shipper may import one electric appliance. (Any extras may be dutiable)
- Shipments on which all conditions are not fulfilled will be subject to payment of import taxes (approx. 43% of CIF value, calculated by Customs after inspection)
- New items and shipments in excess of a certain valuation are subject to duties
- Electrical appliances must not be shipped with original packing
- Limited quantities of alcoholic beverages and tobacco products may be allowed
- Only one of each item allowed, additional items subject to payment of duties
- Firearms and ammunition
- Drugs and narcotics
- Pornographic material
- Foodstuffs and live plants
- Importation of used vehicles is prohibited
- To import a motor vehicle, it must be brand new, and it must be inspected at origin before embarkation (even if it is sharing a container with household goods)
- Motor vehicles are subject to duties (approx. 65% of CIF value)
- Previous authorization from the Ministry of Finance required before new vehicle is shipped from origin
- May import up to three pets
- Documents required:
- Health Certificate
- Vaccine Certificate
Customs clearance process takes approximately 4-5 weeks in Guayaquil and approximately 2 weeks in Quito.